The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
We are strongly committed to maintaining your confidentiality and privacy.
- Your case will not be discussed with anyone without your written consent with exceptions to legal limits of confidentiality.
- Voicemail is password protected.
- All paper files are kept in a locked filing cabinet.
- E-mail is not a secure form of communication, and therefore, should not include any sensitive clinical information in messages you send.
Insurance and reimbursement
- We are no longer a provider for any insurance company. Payment is expected at each appointment.
- We are a ‘private’ practice in every sense. Our counseling centers in Canton and Kennesaw operate independent of insurance networks. This allows us to ensure absolute confidentiality regarding our client’s personal information.
- Your health insurance policy may have out-of-network benefits which will allow you to see us. If you prefer to use these benefits you will be provided with completed standard insurance forms to submit to your insurance provider.
Hours and cancellation policy
- Flexible daytime and evening hours are available by appointment only.
- One appointment opening is reserved every day for those with emergency and/or critical situations on a first come, first served basis.
- If you cannot make it to the office in person, it is possible to do a session by phone but not at the first appointment..
- A twenty four business hour notice by phone is required for all appointment changes, reschedules and cancellations. This is required as a courtesy in order to make that time available to other clients.
Conventional and Christian Counseling Available in Canton and Kennesaw